Thursday, June 24, 2010

Some days just call for burgers....

I had all the best intentions of making a wicked vegetarian chili for supper tonight, but then I got home and my mind flipped completely and I really just wanted a good ole' burger. Talk about two totally opposite ends of the spectrum! Burgers are another great thing for Sam to help me make. She is still far too young for me to be comfortable with the idea of her mixing raw beef, but she does a great job of dumping all the ingredients in the bowl.


These burgers are delicious and not too bad in the no-no ingredients category. I use the leanest ground beef I can find, this is one place where I never cost cut. The rest of the burger mix consists of a good hickory BBQ sauce, fresh parsley, freshly minced garlic, fresh whole grain bread crumbs (I use the ends of bread loafs to make crumbs and store them in the freezer, they really have no other use), a big brown egg, and a couple splashes of hot sauce. Not a lot of ingredients for a whole lot of flavorful moist patty. 







I had turned the BBQ on to pre-heat, but it would seem after yesterday's flaming chicken "woops how about fish?" incident we were out of fuel. Just as I came out the door with the pattys I heard the pop fizzle of a BBQ officially running out of gas. So onto the indoor grill they go....
 
Mouth-watering as usual, perfectly moist but fully after 5 minutes on each side. One of my biggest peeves is over-cooked meat and I would always rather discover that my patties were a little thick and need a quick re-fire than have to eat hockey pucks or leather for dinner.

Served on whole grain ciabbata buns with freshly slice red onion, vine-ripened tomatoes, and crisp romane lettuce. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment